Potty Training

on

I have decided to take on the challenge of potty training Madalyn and have discovered the perfect reward, bribe, BANDAIDS. She loves them, she loves them so much she sticks them anywhere and everywhere she can, even if she doesn’t have a boo boo. She protects them with everything she has; sweet puppy dog eyes, tears, the “no daddy not my bandaid”, and the occasional scream. It is the cutest thing…

Anyhow, I have been trying to figure out the right reward to offer when she uses her potty and candy seemed to be my best tool. After much contemplation it finally dawned on me that I might have an alternative. So I tested my theory. “Madalyn if you go in your potty I will give you a bandaid.” I never seen her rip off her shorts and diaper so fast and jump on the pot before. It was so cute, every time I think upon it I break out laughing.

I used to not be looking forward to potty training but that has changed. Now both of us are excited to do it. I thank God for memories that can continually bring a smile to my face no matter where I am at or how my day is going.

0 comments: