Creating My Own Destiny

on

With my recent approach to improving the quality of my and Madalyn's life I beginning to see where I am at fault with her upbringing and the mistakes I have made. In many situations she acts as I do which I find unacceptable. Yet I have been blinded to my behavior, until now that is. The more I change the more I hope to undo some of the things I have engrained in her.

This week has been eventful, stressful, and very blessed. I am no longer going to go with the flow and let my circumstances direct my life but take control and let my decisions create my own destiny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What we do is "Target" a behavior that needs to be changed. Set the rules for what happens when that behavior occurs and then the hard part is that I have to make sure that I follow through with the correction....I've found that by working on 1 or 2 specific behaviors until they are gone improves her behavior in general, it's not overwhelming and she's not on time out for every little thing.

The other thing I do when I feel like we're not getting anywhere is watch Nanny 911. Not only do I get good ideas, but I also realize by seeing the kids on the show that my child isn't half as bad as I thought she was!

Jason said...

I watched that show a few weeks ago and you are right, they do have some good ideas. Can't believe the kids changed in such a short time though.