ChickenPox

on

I must say that last week was one of the longest weeks I have had in a long time. Picked Madalyn up from daycare and on the board was "3 confirmed cases of chickenpox." Heck... I don't remember them and I thought one of her sisters already exposed her to them a couple years ago so I did not think much of it.

Next day WHAM! She has the chickenpox and I didn't realize how bad until late Saturday night. Luckily I made it to the store before closing and picked up some lotion but the kid got them bad, real bad. I felt so sorry for her. I must say for being a dad that knew nothing we made it okay. Granted we did not sleep regular for about 4 days but we made it through. I was so proud of her, she listened and handled it very well. Of course she is at her moms now and feeling fine. It is kind of funny because it seems like I am the one that gets her when she is sick or has some virus. Mom usually has a reason she can't help out... Oh well it is good for me to go through this. I had to give myself a little pat on the back for making it through this as well.

0 comments: