What about Today?

on

Every now and again I am confronted with the thoughts that I am not good enough to serve God. My faith is tested and often times I find myself thinking of days long gone wishing I had the chance to do things a little differently. If I am looking to put the breaks on my walk with the Lord and throw myself a pity party the best way for me to do that is to think back to the many bad things that I have done or even worse been done to me.

Do I want to continue to be the victim of what others have done? No…I don’t! Even worse do I want to punish myself for the things that I have done? Of course not.

What is it to be a mature Christian and move beyond past sins and transgressions committed towards me? I have often heard that time heals all wounds but I know that the truth is God heals all wounds, sometimes it just takes time.

“God I pray that you would heal my wounds of the past and restore me. Give me a new heart and open my eyes and make me see myself as you see me. I need help God! Help me to truly understand this passage in my heart and accept it by faith. Philippians 3:13-15 Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead. I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. All of us who are mature should take such a view of things.”

Jason get out of the past and look to today! I have a new song that has really been helping me as of late by Casting Crowns, East to West. I’ll get the lyrics for my next post.

0 comments: