Madalyn's Birthday

on

Well so far I have survived the holidays and I look forward to the time I get to spend with Madalyn on Christmas, really it is never enough but why fret over what I can’t control.

On a positive note, Madalyn turned 3 last week. YAY! She is getting so big and smart. She is daddy’s little girl whom hurts my arm because she is heavy. I was struggling with what to do on her birthday. Previous years I did not make much of it but this time I wanted to do something special. Being a single dad I did not feel comfortable asking parents at daycare whether they would be interested in a party, they are mostly women and probably married. I didn’t want to give them the wrong impression. Plus all the hassle that is involved in throwing a big shindig. Anyhow here is a pic of my party and Madalyn didn’t seem to mind who I brought.



It was a quick party but we had fun... I think she understands that her daddy isn't very exciting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Browsing google to find a good bible verse to put in my dad's christmas card. Stumbled onto your blog.

Im 20 years old and was raised by my single father. Though my hair was put up in cable ties, and SNL was my babysitter I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Saying a prayer for you tonight that encourgment and joy is sent your way. Merry Christmas!

Kae said...

That has to be the cutest and sweetest idea ever!

Anonymous said...

That is a super cute idea! I'm going to try it.